Musicians, hunters, swimmers and workers in loud environments all need hearing protection. For decades, health officials and doctors have seen an increase in hearing problems due to environmental hearing damage.
Hearing can be protected using earphones (sound-deadening) and earplugs. There are many earphone products that block most or all noise in the environment. Earplugs have more specific uses and new products for specific hearing challenges.
Unlike the simple one-product-for-everyone earplug of the past, earplugs are made for specific purposes and in various sizes. Protecting hearing is not simply canceling noise; swimming and diving can cause disease in the ears that damage hearing. Keeping your ears free from contaminants in an important factor in hearing health:
Types of hearing protection
The sharp crack of gunfire is very damaging to the ear. Earplugs designed to protect against this concussive noise have a filter that instantly closes to the vibration of this sound wave but allows the wearer to hear normal sound when the filter is open.
Today’s music venues are loud and concussive. Earplugs designed for musicians and venue workers allow most frequencies of sound waves to come through in a reduced volume, while further restricting loud, piercing or concussive sound from the stage.
Keeping water from the ear canal is an important way to protect hearing. Surfing and diving can result in the violent force of water into the ear and these products also protect against cold and wind.
Earplugs worn when sleeping are designed for people with sound awareness that is likely to wake them in the night.
Driving loud vehicles off-road, driving motorcycles or attending racetracks puts hearing at risk. Earplugs designed specifically for motorsports have channels so they can be worn under helmets with less wind resistance.
- Designed to prevent surfer’s ear and swimmer’s ear caused by exposure to cold water and wind.
- The floatable material is molded with a sealed membrane spanning the sound bore that keeps cold water and air out of the ear canal but allows for conversation and hearing while in the ear.
Earplugs designed for industrial and manufacturing plants have varying degrees of protection and open hearing ports depending on the level of noise.
This style is designed for use with standard earbuds worn for listening to music.
- Amplification for situational awareness.
- Noise attenuation when you pull the trigger.
- Game mode: Optimized for intermittent shots.
- Clay mode: Optimized for continued shots.
- Normal mode: provides standard Digital 1 features.
- Wind Reduction mode: Ideal for shooting in windy conditions.
Armand’s Hearing Center:
- ONLY COMPANY WITH A FIVE-YEAR FACTORY WARRANTY
- FREE diagnostic hearing test
- FREE in-house repairs
- FREE ear inspection and wax removal
- FREE lifetime service and office visits
Turn your used hearing aids into $$$ and help someone in our community hear better!